Not Starting Over

The “Ber” months have always felt like a quiet new year to me—a season when something inside begins to shift, even when nothing around you looks particularly different.

September gave me room to breathe.

A minor injury forced me to slow down, and in that pause, I found myself returning to the simple things that make life feel full: painting, reading, vinyl records, decluttering, rearranging my space, spending time with people I love, and enjoying solitude.

It reminded me that healing isn’t necessarily about becoming who you were before.

Sometimes, it’s about rediscovering the quieter parts of yourself—and learning to appreciate who you are becoming.

That reflection has followed me into business, too.

I’ve been rereading Blitzscaling while scaling a business of my own, remembering how much I genuinely enjoy risk, experimentation, uncertainty, and building things that don’t exist yet.

But I’ve learned that growth doesn’t always have to feel frantic.

There is a different kind of momentum that comes from having the right people beside you, the right partners around you, and a reason bigger than yourself.

Building something also has a way of revealing you to yourself.

It shows you what you’re willing to change, what you need to unlearn, and where you still need to grow—not because you need to prove yourself, but because the mission deserves a better version of you.

And perhaps one of the more interesting lessons has been learning what it means to influence.

When ideas you’ve spent years developing begin appearing elsewhere, it can be complicated. You remember the experiments that failed, the risks nobody saw, the relationships you built, the resources you stretched, and the countless late nights behind the work.

But I’m learning not to measure impact by how exclusively something belongs to you.

If people are adopting the ideas, models, or approaches you helped build, perhaps the work is doing what it was meant to do: moving the conversation forward.

I don’t need to own the movement to know I helped move it.

I’m not interested in fame for an idea.

I want the idea to matter.

And that doesn’t mean abandoning boundaries. Generosity still needs discernment. Collaboration still needs clarity. And protecting the work, the people behind it, and the knowledge that took years to develop is not the opposite of being generous.

It is part of stewardship.

Maybe that is what legacy really looks like—not being the only person who can carry something, but creating something meaningful enough that others choose to carry it forward.

I’ve always been someone who sees the end in mind.

I don’t need to know every step when I know the destination.

That certainty doesn’t make the journey rigid. It makes it more creative.

I can take a different road. Experiment. Pivot. Change my mind. Begin again. Let go. Try something completely unexpected.

The destination gives me the freedom to be flexible about the journey.

And perhaps life works the same way.

I can slow down without losing momentum.

I can choose privacy without becoming distant.

I can leave some things unexplained and allow some dreams to unfold quietly.

Not everything beautiful needs to be witnessed.

And underneath all the strategy, structure, and practicality, I’m still a hopeless romantic.

I still believe some things are meant for us.

I simply no longer believe they need to be forced.

Maybe that’s what September gave me: not a new beginning, but a clearer perspective.

A reminder to breathe. To build with intention. To protect what matters. To let influence travel. And to trust myself enough to take an unexpected path when the destination remains clear.

Not starting over. Just moving forward differently—with the same purpose, deeper roots, and more freedom to become. ðŸŒŠ✨

Comments

Popular Posts