Shhh... I'm really a Mermaid




Yesterday, I'd encountered this famous quote of Lao Tzu that says "Knowing others is Wisdom, Knowing yourself is Enlightenment". It was very short and simple but captures life's valuable lessons. I've remembered discussing it last night with my roommate and both of us have the same sentiment that it should have been taught in school because It would be so much fun practicing mindfulness at a very early age but maybe there are just few things that won't happen the way you planned and  expected. Life's surprises are still the best!

I was able to know myself better at the age of 28. Reminiscing my journey for the past 7 years of exploration and soul-searching had let me appreciate how to enjoy it's beautiful process and the value of waiting until my destiny unfolds. I'm not sure if mine was way longer or shorter, though I think it will depend on a person's individuality. I believe my journey really took a while because I'm such a stubborn, relentless and feisty woman who tried to control every single detail in my life. Yeah, I'm an obsessive-compulsive most of the time but there was a turning point in my life that helped me to completely surrender to God's majestic plans.

I've realized that my biggest enemy was myself. One day, I just suddenly woke-up feeling confused and black out. I'm not happy, I don't know what I wanted and what should I do. Of course, it terrified the hell out of me. I'm known by many as the the ultimate planner and organizer of everything. Somehow perfectionist and very impatient with slow pacing but I don't give up easily unless I've tried all options from Plan A to Z. At the end, I understood that the journey isn't so much about becoming anything. It about unbecoming everything that isn't really me, so I can be my authentic self. I wouldn't come this far without the wisdom that I've  acquired from a lot of people that I've  met and most importantly  the ones who stayed around  me.

Suprisingly, it dawned on me that I'm a mermaid 🧜‍♀️

" I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living " - Anaïs Nin

Too thrilled and glad that from now on, I'm starting to live my dreams 💓💖💓💖





Comments

Popular Posts