Happy Thanksgiving!

I've always been trying to push myself to start writing journals but as expected it's always a huge struggle! Maybe I was also stuck with my perception that writing is my weakness or maybe my morning rituals are already long enough. *Oh reasons".But I'm a stubborn woman in all ways and I believe in the saying that "If you want it, there are a lot of ways. If you don't want it, there are a lot of reasons. But since my current lifestyle force me to do so I would seriously find a way to make it happen from now on. So help me God. 😂😂😂

Today is Thanksgiving Day and  I would like to celebrate it by starting (again) my journal/blog hopefully more consistent this time. I have infinite reasons to be grateful so I think it wouldn't be hard to pmenhance my writing skill by sharing with you some realizations that I had from the moment that I had decide to took a leap of faith and start pursuing my heart's desire a year ago. So, here are my 7 reasons to be grateful for this year:

1. Self-Awareness/Clarity
I'm overjoyed that I finally surpassed the state of confusion or the so called "quarter life crisis". Indeed it was a tough 7 year journey for me and I'm grateful that I found courage to face it. Those endless rantings, over thinking, traveling, consulting bunch of people from different age group, reading dozens of self-help books, endless psychological test to know myself better, kick-off my spiritual journey and many more was so priceless. It dawn on me that I just needed some time and make an effort to know myself better which leads to pursuing my dreams and life purpose. 

Here are some of the valuable tools that made it  easier for me to reach my destination:
a. Books
- A New Earth (Eckhart Tolle) 
- Power of Now (Eckhart Tolle) 
- Zero Limits(Joe Vitale)
b. Personality Test
- Strengths finder 2.0 (Tom Rath)
- Love Languag
- How to Fascinate
-Myers-Briggs
c. Courage to admit that I needed help
d. Meditation
e. Mindfulness
f. Spiritual Alchemy by Caroline Myss
g. Good Company (Family, Friends, Mentors and etc)
h. Self-Care/Love
i. Faith * Hope* Love
j. Repentance/Forgiveness
h. Accept and Admit that it exist
2. Emotional Intelligence 
[Loving-Kindness/Compassion/Humility, etc]
Most of the time, I don't understand why random people tend to be so comfortable to share their personal struggles with me eventhough they don't know me at all. I also thought that I wasn't a good listener or I just have ADD. Lol I even see myself as a negative magnet. Whenever a friend confided this certain hurdle it would usually follow by others who has the same concern too. At first, I just really don't understand and appreciate it.  
"I have few experiences that random person would suddenly be comfortable with me and start venting their painful experiences like when I was having breakfast in a fast food chain and I was in a hurry since I was just waiting for my uber ride so I didn't care sharing a table with others. I sat down with an older woman. She smiled at me when I've asked if it's okay if I can sit with her. Then as I started eating quickly, she started sharing few personal stories. She ended up crying, I ended up stunned and a little surprise but grateful that she trusted me by sharing her struggles though on my mind I really don't know what I should do. So I just nod and listen with her. After that, she expressed her gratitude towards me coz she felt so much better after sharing her pains and thoughts.  "
My curiosity pushed me to start exploring and understanding why it happened repetitively until I realized that I was nurtured and raised by my empath parents. From then on, I've always asked God's help to grant me the following virtues each day. 

3. Mindfulness
This is one of my favourite by far but I should admit that I have a love-hate relationship with it. Definitely, It feels so good learning mindfulness. Focusing on the present helps me  to appreciate all the things, people and other blessings that I have taken for granted for so long. I was able to practice self-control and free my mind from anxiousness, paranoia and over thinking that ruins everything and sometimes causes suffering to myself and others. I started to be more understanding and patient because whenever I see someone's weakness I've learned that it is a reflection of myself. Moreover, you'll dig deeper to learn the main cause of it which will resulted for me to extend empathy to others to avoid stepping their unhealed wounds. This is not an easy one but practices makes it perfect and it's totally worth it. 

4. Happiness 
I was known as a bubbly person but unconsciously it caused me to be pretentious at times. Acted as if everything was okay though deep inside I was badly struggling. Maybe because I put too much pressure on myself. I frequently felt that it's my responsibility to be strong for others. After containing it for a while, I had an massive emotional outburst. At that time, I learned my limitations and realized that my happiness was not deeply rooted. I wasn't really happy at all. I'd decided that I owe myself genuine happiness that is not dependen to anyone or anything and it must come from within. It was the priceless wealth that I've given myself. Genuine happiness is so contagious and it makes us glow. I started it by being contented with what I have and stop comparing my journey with anyone.

5. Inner Peace 
Nothing beats this unexplained calmness within. Self-acceptance and making the most of everything is such a hit! :)

6. Health
By far, cleared with my hormonal Imbalance and no one is sick in our family <3

7. Falling in Love
I'm such a late bloomer! Lol  Or should I say I was a workaholic and commitment phobic woman. Now, I'm a hopeless romantic convert because I'm already a believer of true love would exist in it's magical way. Experienced Love at first sight, doing a lot of firsts, feeling smitten like a puppy, falling head over heels in love, smiling like the sun, singing like a bee, being excessively mushy/clingy, falling out of love and feeling bipolar for repetitive love-hate relationship, thinking of the future, overcoming your fears and so on. True love is truly transformational. It showed me my other  side that I wasn't aware that is existing. I've never imagine that love would be so beautiful like this.

May this Thanksgiving celebration inspire us to start being grateful every day of our lives. Happy Thanksgiving! <3 <3 <3

Comments

Popular Posts